Asbestos was regarded as a miracle fibre for a long time and was installed in houses for decades – until it was banned. Is this also the danger? Unfortunately not.
Asbestos still exists in facades, window sills, fire protection doors, heating insulation or floors. Virtually every second house is affected – and many residents do not know about this danger.
Many think that the asbestos would not be so up-to-date anymore, but it’s up to date – the numbers are constantly increasing – so we have to get more and more asbestos out of the buildings.
Asbestos treatments are currently on the increase!
The reason: over decades, building materials made of asbestos were considered extremely favourable! – Until they were banned in 2003, they were installed in private houses for millions of times. And they are still there today! In the meantime, many of these houses have a change of generations.
They are inherited or resold – the carcinogenic contaminated sites included! And they must get out now! Extreme caution is required in spite of all protective measures! Break the floor boards, can be released carcinogenic fibres! Such fibres are also often found in the floor glue.
If it is incorrectly removed, the room air is completely contaminated! Anyone who is trying to put a hand himself because he does not recognize the asbestos is exposed to an enormous risk. In the case of incorrect renovation, fibres remain in their homes for decades.
The environmental engineer is responsible for the analysis of toxins. When sampling and airborne measurements, it must always be detected. We often encounter a lot of problems in the area of self-refurbishments.
We are regularly encountered here in the form of self-refurbishments in far-reaching concentrations of room air or asbestos contamination in residential buildings. The materials, which are not dismantled, float around for some years. And that is not good!
But why is asbestos so dangerous at all? – The reason for this is a property of asbestos fibres: they can continue to split in length. If they are first inhaled, they are not only permanently in the lungs.
Cancer disease triggered by asbestos is equivalent to death sentence
If the asbestos fibres get into the lungs, then they are furious, and there is a year-long, decaying inflammation, and after a latency of 10, 20, 30, 40, maybe 50 years, cancer can develop the pleural mesothelioma, is equivalent to a death sentence! Due to the long latency, the experts expect a further increase in cancer, asbestos, by 2020.
Affected by this are often craftsmen and construction workers, which have often come into contact with asbestos. It can also meet quite normal house residents if they apply the wrong hand even during refurbishment. And in order to contaminate rooms unknowingly for years with asbestos fibres or if uninhabited people move in here later!
Firmly bound and slightly bound asbestos fibres
But are all asbestos fibres equally dangerous? Experts here distinguish between bonded fibres – for example, in window sills and cement slabs. These fibres are extremely rigid with the building material. If this is not drilled or damaged, fibres can hardly escape. They are therefore regarded as safe.
However, it is extremely dangerous when the asbestos is weakly bound. For example, in soil adhesives or in so-called spraying mass, in order to put heating pipes and steel beams under the plaster. The fibres can be freed only by air drafts or vibrations, but especially when you work here, for example, drilled, then a lot of fibres come out of the material, the air concentration is several million fibres.
Fibre dust old insulation wool provides for similar illness symptoms as asbestos.
Artificial mineral fibres, such as glass, mineral and stone wool! To date, these insulation materials have been installed millions of times in facades and roofs. If they are in contact with their fibres, they can cause skin irritation and swelling.
However, the fibre dust of old insulating wool is questionable. It is almost as dangerous as asbestos, says Gröneberg: If you carry out reconstruction work at home, you can find these old fibres. And then you have to make sure that you wear protective clothing. That they can not be inhaled because they can lead to lung cancer!
Protection and prevention of asbestos disposal is vital
Suit and mouthguard are therefore mandatory! Just like in Bad Nauheim. Here the asbestos-containing soil has now been removed. Now the pollutant recyclers have to seal the room with residual fibre binders! And, in order to exclude a fibre load for later use, the room air is also measured.
Only then can the rooms be released! However, a major problem remains, and that is the disposal of the contaminated sites. Asbestos is considered hazardous waste. The fibres are so durable that they would be destroyed only by well over 1000 degrees. What most waste incineration plants can not afford without high energy and cost these asbestos-containing building materials are deposited.
The first and foremost action required to avoid any exposure to asbestos fibres is by identifying the contaminated material. Old buildings are likely to use asbestos. Thus, it would be wise to have the property tested properly. An accredited person is likely to be the one who has the set of skills to perform this asbestos testing procedure via a NATA approved lab.
The requirement for taking professional help is crucial due to the potential hazard of exposure that may occur when performing a DIY sampling and testing asbestoswatchadelaide.com.au. Moreover, particular equipment is needed for a comprehensive asbestos testing analysis since an asbestos fibre can be 200 times smaller than a piece of hair.
If you want to keep your family protected from asbestos exposure, leaving the task to the expert would be considered as the wisest choice. Save your family from asbestos hazard any do your action today!